(this little gem cost me $100, Welcome Back to School)
My favorite 2 quotes from my instructor yesterday...
"If it's not my style, it's somebody else's."
"Do it until your Satisfied."
I found out all the things that we will touch on and learn in this class that will surely help me become a better designer.
- lighting
- scale
- color
- balance
- fabric / textiles
- business
- ergonomics
- visual literacy
- construction of fabrics, carpet, etc
- blue prints
- accessories
- style
- space planning
- DETAIL
And so much more...
We found out that we will have 4 big projects one that will be judged by 4 professional designers at the end of the semester. We will also get to go on "field trips" to art museums, furniture stores, and other types of "designer" stores. All of it is so exciting and makes me wish that the class was more than once a week.
I also got my first "homework" assignment. I have to write a paper about "what is my style" kind of a hard thing to put to words. And I also have to take pictures of a room in my home that reflects my style. I will let you know how that turns out.
All in all it was a great day! Looking forward to Friday!
I am so excited and happy for you! I'm glad you had such a great first day! I just know you're going to eat up every minute of it! I can't wait to hear about your projects! I know they'll be fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so exciting!! I'm so happy for you friend!
ReplyDeleteGo Xela, I am thrilled for you. You will be nothing short of amazing at this, I am proud of you.
ReplyDelete